Exceptional Talent Partner Visa

Application for Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Partner Visa

Please, pay your attention that Talent Visa Help is not updated anymore. Starting from January 5, 2021, I don't proofread drafts of Personal Statements, Letters of Recommendation or any supporting documents. Also, I do not answer individual questions either via email or Linkedin. For more details, go to the Global Talent Visa Help Updates.

Please, donate to this page if Talent Visa Help was useful for you.

Legal Definition

A spouse / civil partner / unmarried or same-sex partner of Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) migrant has a status the Exceptional Talent Partner. In pure legal language, this category as well as Exceptional Talent Child are Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) Dependents. And, being completely bureaucratic, UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) or Home Office considers these type of dependents as “family members of points-based system migrants”.

Prove your relationship

This means that they are allowed to come to the UK to join a person who has already received Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa. But to become Exceptional Talent Partner, your wife or husband or life partner needs to provide proofs that he or she meets the UKVI requirements. In other words, he or she should demonstrate proof of relationship as well as provide extra documents (depending on the country of origin). UK Government provides a detailed instruction regarding the assessment of a relationship between family members. But following my own experience, I can say that the best evidence of the genuine and subsisting relationship between visa holder and applicant for “Exceptional Talent Partner” status includes but not limit to:

Official Marriage

Following my own experience, I can say that the best evidence of the genuine and subsisting relationship between visa holder and applicant for “Exceptional Talent Partner” status is an official marriage certificate. In any country, official documents always matter more than any other type of proofs. And pay attention to English translation of your documents. Even if your English is perfect and you know it like a native British – you cannot translate your documents by yourself. They will not be accepted. This translation should be certified and made by translation company or agency.  They must write:

  • that it’s a ‘true and accurate translation of the original document’
  • the date of the translation
  • the full name and contact details of the translator or a representative of the translation company

But a mentioned proof of relationship is not the final point.

What Else?

Exceptional Talent Partner should apply practically the same documents as the Exceptional Talent applied at Stage 2 (Visa Stage). I mean if you are a resident of the country listed here – you need to have a tuberculosis (TB) test. And all your dependents need their certificates too. Since my native Ukraine is on the list, now I and my dependents are the happy holders of TB certificates :). Hence, a little bit later I will dive into this topic also.

In a nutshell, a person who applies for an Exceptional Talent Partner visa needs to apply the following documents:

  1. proof of relationship in English;
  2. valid a tuberculosis test certificate;
  3. passport or another travel document.
Final Steps

Additionally, your partner needs to do all the steps required for the main applicant as follows:

But I hope to write about these steps too. Hence, stay turned and see you later 🙂

Talent Visa Help has been created for informational purpose and is not an official guidance for Global Talent Visa (Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa) application.

Talent Visa Help should not be used as a substitute for the official Tech Nation Guideline or Home Office Guideline. Talent Visa Help is NOT linked either with Tech Nation or Home Office. The views, thoughts, and opinions expressed in the texts belong solely to the authors at Talent Visa Help. The contents of Talent Visa Help do not constitute legal advice and authors accept no liability for the accuracy of information provided. Applicants should always consult the official governmental guidance and seek professional immigration advice where appropriate.

For additional assistance, please, contact help@talentvisahelp.com