Key Criteria is one of the measurements of Exceptional Talent or Exceptional Promise. Today I got a question from an applicant about this. Hence, I would like to share my thoughts with each new applicant for Global Talent Visa.
Question about Key Criteria
“For Key Criteria 1 of Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa – if you have worked as an employee of an MNC and have done innovation and the product is in the market but in the company name and you have worked as part of the team will it work?”
Thoughts about Innovation and your contribution to it
Hi, first of all, thank you for an interesting question. It is truly good for me. Like fresh air. It’s always nice to find something different from Personal Statement reading or traditional dilemma “Promise or Talent“.
Documents applied for Key Criteria 1 directly have to show your ability to create a working digital solution. Hence, I believe the answer to your question is yes; it may work.
But you need to provide a letter from the head of the team with a clear statement of the main facts.
Must-Have Facts For your Supporting Letter
- Name of a Product with a description of its digital nature;
- Any public recognition of the Product (including but not limited any awards, media highlights, milestones, etc.) and/or its financial results;
- Description of a Team. In other words, this means your boss must provide more details about people who work on the Product. Basically, duration of work, a total number of employees (as well as contractors) involved, your role among them – these are the main things to write about. Also, what is the nature of the Team? In other words, this means more details: whether the Team works only on this project, or it is a constant unit of the Company.
- A detailed explanation of your contribution to the success of the Product;
- Overview of the results of your involvement in the Project. Write how your significant contribution made a difference in your professional life. For example, you have been promoted, got increased pay, were awarded an internal prize, etc.
Undoubtedly, the Head of the team will require a draft of this document so you must be precise as much as possible.
The letter has to be printed on a headed A4. Just follow the rules for Recommendation Letter for Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa. This will be enough.
Support with Global Talent Visa application
If you have any questions about your own eligibility or Key Criteria of your Global Talent Visa application – let me know. I will be glad to share my thoughts with you. But read my Disclaimer firstly, I am not the UK authorised lawyer. Just a guy with plenty of experience :).
But I believe it may be difficult to assess the right content of this letter since it is quite a unique document. Hence, please, feel free to contact A Y & J Solicitors, a Legal Partner of this Blog, who has stable experience of work with applicants for Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa with very unusual circumstances. Please, let me know if you need to make a direct introduction to them.
Disclosure: This post includes sponsored content
Talent Visa Help has been created for informational purpose and is not an official guidance for Global Talent Visa (Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa) application.
Talent Visa Help should not be used as a substitute for the official Tech Nation Guideline or Home Office Guideline. Talent Visa Help is NOT linked either with Tech Nation or Home Office. The views, thoughts, and opinions expressed in the texts belong solely to the authors at Talent Visa Help. The contents of Talent Visa Help do not constitute legal advice and authors accept no liability for the accuracy of information provided. Applicants should always consult the official governmental guidance and seek professional immigration advice where appropriate.
For additional assistance, please, contact firstname.lastname@example.org