Exceptional Talent Child Visa: Requirements, Fee, Documents

Here I explained about Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Child Visa application and my own experience

Please, pay your attention that Talent Visa Help is not updated anymore. Starting from January 5, 2021, I don't proofread drafts of Personal Statements, Letters of Recommendation or any supporting documents. Also, I do not answer individual questions either via email or Linkedin. For more details, go to the Global Talent Visa Help Updates.

Please, donate to this page if Talent Visa Help was useful for you.

Legal Definition

If your child is under 18, hence, your daughter or your son is considered as a dependent child. He or she can obtain a Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Child Visa. Moreover, even if your child is over 18, but he or she is currently in the UK as a dependent, it is also possible to receive this status for him or her.

Application Process for Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Child Visa

Regarding the procedure of getting this status – briefly, the Exceptional Talent Child should apply almost the same package of documents as an Exceptional Talent Partner does. But to be precise, I would like to provide you with a list of these documents. Hence you will understand my approach:

  1. a valid passport or another travel document;
  2. a copy of the birth certificate;
  3. a copy of the marriage certificate;
  4. an original of a guarantee of the tuberculosis test and its print (if you are coming from the country listed here).

I suggest that a step-by-step analysis of every document in your Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Child application will be useful.

Supporting Documents in Details


As for a valid passport or another travel document – there are many questions and suggestions around this document. Mainly, what to do when a child does not have a passport. Or when the parent’s passport contains children’s names. I do not know the correct answers to all of them. But following my own experience, we made a separate passport for a kid. Then we applied it for this type of visa.

Moreover, you need this passport to receive a certificate of the tuberculosis test. The International Medical Unit links to the passport number in this certificate. That is why a child of any age – from zero up to 18 years needs to have an own passport to be Exceptional Talent Child.

Birth & Marriage Certificates

Copies of the birth certificate and marriage certificate help to prove the relationship between the principal applicant and the child. Exceptional Talent Child must be utterly dependent on you and your family. But there are many different situations. Even if you are divorced or have other complicated life circumstances – you must provide as many documents as possible. You have to show this connection between you and your child and his or her dependency on you.

Additionally – essential aspect: in my case, documents in Ukrainian were translated into English by professional translators with compliance with the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI). Here is a list of these requirements. Do not translate the documents by yourself. In most cases, it will not work, and the visa application may be rejected.

Certificate of Tuberculosis Test

An original and copy of a certificate of the tuberculosis test have the same purpose as for the principal applicant. But the procedure of obtaining this certificate is a little bit different. I know for sure that x-ray test is not required for toddlers and infants.

The United Kingdom has very kids-friendly rules :). Hence, your child will have a medical examination. A professional doctor carries this procedure at the International Medical Unit. You or your partner will come with a kid. Then there will be a detailed discussion of his / her health and diseases to make a conclusion and provide you with a certificate.

By the way, a fee for children’s tuberculosis test is twice low. Save that money on payment for IHS during the on-line application for Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Child Visa.

Talent Visa Help has been created for informational purpose and is not an official guidance for Global Talent Visa (Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa) application.

Talent Visa Help should not be used as a substitute for the official Tech Nation Guideline or Home Office Guideline. Talent Visa Help is NOT linked either with Tech Nation or Home Office. The views, thoughts, and opinions expressed in the texts belong solely to the authors at Talent Visa Help. The contents of Talent Visa Help do not constitute legal advice and authors accept no liability for the accuracy of information provided. Applicants should always consult the official governmental guidance and seek professional immigration advice where appropriate.

For additional assistance, please, contact help@talentvisahelp.com